The title of the course is ‘How to understand and support children in need’. We believe that teaching children will be more effective and guidance more fruitful, when a teacher is able to understand a child in all aspects of their life, like their family background, their upbringing at home, the way the child feels and their ambitions.
Any teacher who needs to acquire (more) knowledge, skills and a change of attitude in understanding and supporting children who are in need of help.
Goals of the training
After the training you will:
- Be aware of what your role as a teacher is in supporting children in need of help and will have acquired practical tools to fulfil this role.
- Have a good understanding of the ‘step-by-step’ support model and be able to apply this to your own practice.
- Know how to gather relevant information to better understand what a child thinks, feels, needs and desires.
- Know what good communication is and be able to apply the guidelines for good communication.
- Know what good observation is and be able to apply practical guidelines for observation in the classroom.