During the course active and cooperative learning strategies will be practiced and discussed. Also several resources that can support teaching will be presented.
Teachers who want to improve their teaching skills in order to make their students perform better.
Goals of the training
This course will help teachers to comprehend how children learn and can reach their potential and will make teachers aware of their important role in this process.
Participants will achieve the goals by:
1. Practising the actual lesson preparation: They are able to implement the principles of lesson designing in their daily teaching practice.
2. Reflecting on the purpose of education and the roles of a teacher: They are able to reflect on the goal of education and are able to adjust their teaching methods accordingly.
3. Acquiring and perfecting didactical and pedagogical skills. They have:
- A good pedagogical and Biblical view of the child and understand children’s needs and learning preferences;
- A good pedagogical and Biblical view of the teachers and their role in the children’s development;
- An acquisition of necessary knowledge to develop a more interactive relationship with students;
- An understanding of what active and cooperative learning is and know how to implement activities that stimulate this kind of learning;
- A clear view on how and why to use resources in a meaningful way and how to create a rich learning environment.