If you want to apply for the master's in Learning and Innovation: Christian Education Track (or the short course), you need to meet our admission requirements. For students not meeting the admission requirements, it is currently not possible to take a pre-master’s or catch-up course.
- You require a bachelor’s degree in the field of Education to be admitted to the master’s course. If you work in education and you have obtained a bachelor's degree in a different field, you can still apply and you can gain access to the programme on the basis of a positive outcome of the admission interview.
- You work in education or a related workplace. Since an innovation in the student’s own environment is an important part of the programme, students need to guarantee the support of their institution to attend the course and the potential to carry out an innovation in their class, department and/or institution.
- All students must prove that they have good writing and conversation skills in English. If English is not your native language, you must provide a result from an internationally recognized test of English/certificate (more information: see below ‘English language requirements’).
- A positive result follows the admission interview (more information: see below ‘Application procedure’).
- For students not meeting the admission requirements, it is currently not possible to take a pre-master’s or catch-up course. A basic principle is that students must follow all the modules and exemptions are only possible for complete modules by evidence of competences obtained elsewhere.
English language requirements
All students must prove in the admission interview that they posess good writing and conversation skills in English. Foreign students are legally obliged to provide a result from an internationally recognized test of English, and the costs shall be borne by Driestar Christian University. Dutch students may apply for this test as well, but have to pay the costs of the test (approximately €250) themselves.
An official English language test result is not required if:
- you have completed your secondary education in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, the USA or other officially English speaking countries;
- you have an International Baccalaureate diploma;
- you have a Bachelor degree of English language studies.
The minimum test scores required are (test results should be no more than two years old.)
- TOEFL: 80 (internet-based) and 550 (paper-based).
- IELTS: Academic: 6.0
- Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English): Grade C scale 180- 184
- Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Information on test dates, scheduling, and costs can be obtained at the respective websites of TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge English.